Votes: 209 48.4%

• Total voters

Just Clownin Around

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run 2 AI sol's and couldn't be happier, my corals grew leaps and bounds when I put these on. My power bill went down considerably.
Only down side with LEDs is that the corals look great in your tank and ok in other peoples who are not runnings LEDs

EpicWin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few different fixtures. Ai sol blue , evolution lighting UFO, cad lighting 120 watt led, maxspect g2160 and 2 maxspect mazarras. The AI is so far beyond the others in quality and par it's not even funny. I have a par meter and have tested them all. AI to me is best value by far

marclwheeler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
everyone thinks w/ the price of the radion is the hang up... not so when you consider the fact you really don't need a controller or more then 2 modules for a standard 4' tank and no need to for seperated controller of some sort... add all that up these are a really good deal and excellent quality... and the fan facing down isn't an issue like ppl think if would be

craftyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting the AI Sol Blue... proven by other reefers and controller stand-alone or modular with apex or reefkeeper
would have tried Apollo, but you're required to have Apex and VDM, to use dimmable version with royal blue LEDs....it says par value is almost double AI Sol...but I don't think that's really important since AI already can burn corals if you're not careful...

Akwarius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In terms of color, I've never seen a manufactured led fixture that made a reef look better than a Radion. Maybe an Acan fixture would be comparable, but I've yet to see it on a tank.

Knight_Fall

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have to go with the radion fixture. i personally own 5 of them. had 2 over my 125 and 2 over my 75. each fixture covers 24x24 at 8 inches over the water. i have had mine for about 5 months now and everything in the tank looks beautiful. only thing i had an issue with, was i wasn't watching how much red spectrum it was putting in the tank and my cyano got out of hand for a few weeks. other than that they are great. and i am still only running them at about 50%. that said i originally had T5's over my 75 for about 2 years and had a full set of par38's running over my 125 for a year or so. worth the money imo.

Akwarius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, you gotta watch out for that red spectrum on the radion. Though it does look pretty sick with just the reds and the royals firing. 2 over a 125 sounds underlit, but I imagine 2 over a 75 would be just right. Im thinking about putting 2 over a 57, but im hesitant because having an exclusively led tank has burned me in the past.

Knight_Fall

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, you gotta watch out for that red spectrum on the radion. Though it does look pretty sick with just the reds and the royals firing. 2 over a 125 sounds underlit, but I imagine 2 over a 75 would be just right. Im thinking about putting 2 over a 57, but im hesitant because having an exclusively led tank has burned me in the past.

it is on the sides. i am currently upgrading from my 125 to a 300 so i didn't bother putting the 3rd one up. it has enough light to keep everything happy so i left it for now.

dgiglio3087

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont know if anyone has touched on this but im sure you have people who looked at this poll and thought "even though i dont know alot about LED's, i know ecotech is a high end brand,and expensive, so ill go with that one". Its like asking which would you choose a toyota avalon or a lexus. Most people see a luxury brand, and go "well its gotta be better ITS A LUXURY BRAND"... just throwing that out there...

Akwarius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont know if anyone has touched on this but im sure you have people who looked at this poll and thought "even though i dont know alot about LED's, i know ecotech is a high end brand,and expensive, so ill go with that one". Its like asking which would you choose a toyota avalon or a lexus. Most people see a luxury brand, and go "well its gotta be better ITS A LUXURY BRAND"... just throwing that out there...

That would be true if the Radion didn't revolutionize the market with full spectrum output, user friendly fully programmable control, and wireless integration. That said, the price point is hard to swallow. Just like any other product, if it were so easy and cheap to produce then the competition would be doing it.

dgiglio3087

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be true if the Radion didn't revolutionize the market with full spectrum output, user friendly fully programmable control, and wireless integration. That said, the price point is hard to swallow. Just like any other product, if it were so easy and cheap to produce then the competition would be doing it.

No doubt! As to why competition isn't doing it, I'm not sure but I'm sure ecotech has patents on alot of it. But I'm purely talking about this poll, and how the numbers might not be accurate. But I do agree ecotech makes some really nice stuff. After seeing the radion's storm mode, I totally think its the " iPhone of LEDs IMO.(FYI: I love all the iOS devices)

JSB

Usually Confused
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my opinion, "Storm Mode" is a throw away feature. When you get the light, you show "Storm Mode" off to a couple friends, see you fish get bummed about it, and then you quit using it. Don't get me wrong, I love my Radion, but not because of "Storm Mode". Yes, they are somewhat pricey, but good things often are. Are there better fixtures out there? Perhaps, but I don't know. I only have this one, and I am unwilling to give it up.

Bandomo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Radions 100%! Not because it's cool and has as boat load of features, but simple because when I switched over from AI's, I noticed a significant improvement in colors. In my opinion, and speaking solely from experience, the red/green (full spectrum) LED's definitely plays a BIG role! My Z's & P's did equally well under the AI's, but it was my favias and sps that showed dramatic improvement. With that said, I'm sure you can create a less expensive diy fixture unitize the full spectrum (red/green and maybe even uv) LED's and accomplish the same results. So in theory, i'm not a fan of either fixture, I'm simply a fan of what works, and the "full spectrum" seems to definitely be moving LED fixtures in the right direction. Good luck with your decision!

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IDK.... The AI Vega that's about to hit the market (and I am going to upgrade my Sol Blues to them plus get 2 more units) are a "WOW" for the price. They have white, blue, royal blue, red, green, very red, very blue and UV (purple) for colors, and they're going to be wireless. Plus a better controler. For the money you get a lot. My LFS has Radions and I have to say I think the AI Vega is going to be just as good...IMO. You Tube has a couple small release vids (this is how I saw them). I emailed AI for a date but they are only getting preorders right now and don't have the upgrade packages ironed out yet :(

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 138 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.1%
Back