Votes: 209 48.4%

• Total voters

BCT182

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Radion! Been running one since January. I run 100% brightness all colors 8am to 4pm and then ONLY royal blue and red at 100% from 4pm to 9pm. Storm mode set at 10% probability and have had no negative effects on fish, or corals. Maybe the glass needs to be cleaned more often but not that noticeable compared to halides.

If you really wanna trip, run 100% royal blue and red only. Put on a pair of old school 3D glasses. With the shimmer the tank looks like its coming right at you!

OP
OP
FaviaFreak

FaviaFreak

Weir Everywhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ks2.jpg

Last edited:

Mufasa31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased the Kessil A350. Should be here Monday.
What are your thoughts on the light? Goose neck?
Thanks.

OP
OP
FaviaFreak

FaviaFreak

Weir Everywhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

EcoFrags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got 3 18" ACAN LIGHTING LED fixtures over my 180 SPS and LPS tank...they are all doing amazingly so far...set up a thread to see if anyone else is using them over such a large tank

ckozma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to cast my vote for Mazarra P's. Best SPS growth out of all the LED's I have tried so far...

BigAl07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got 2 DIY units (I was LED before LED was cool LOL) and LOVE them but they lack some of the "other" colors that I think higher end coral need especially SPS. If I were buying a unit right now I can 100% say it would be GHL Mitras. A bit pricey until you look at the specs then you realize it's less expensive than a Radion when all factors considered.

Same form factor as Radion but almost 2x LED
9 Independent Light Channels
Insane PAR readings
36" x 24" light coverage
Built-in Controller (or can be ran as slave to other Mitras or controlled by a GHL ProfiLux controll)
Future Proof (or something like that can't remember what it's called but the pucks are easily replaceable/upgradeable for future technology)

I don't know the other stats but they're easy to find on the web with a google search of GHL Mitras or there may be GHL venfors on here.

Like I said I have my DIY and they rock but I don't think you could do a DIY with that amount of features and quality of the Mitras and still come out "cost effective".

Soehl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DIY LED from RapidLED. RapidLED didn't have the "full" spectrum I wanted in stock(they had 90% of them), so they had to special order some. MAN, they are really great to work with!!!! Mike is Awesome!

I went a little overboard but I have the full spectrum now. From a true UV at 360nm all the way up to a deep red at 685nm. All on seperate controllers with dimmable drivers. DIY is the only way I could get what I wanted.

greybolt03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with the panarama pro strips from Ecoxotic because I had limited space in my hood and wanted an easy install

Poseidon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with a Cree value fixture from Reefbreeders. So far so good, I really like the color!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 28 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back