Poly fil to help filter water

natashakay.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this stuff safe to use in the tank (overflow/sump) to help filter crap out of the water?

IMG_3272.png

OP
OP
natashakay.

natashakay.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been using it for a year now. Lots of people use it.
I’ve seen a lot of people post about it just didn’t know if there was different kinds that were safe versus not safe! Just wanna try something else to help clear my water up and thought I’d give this a shot! Thanks for the reply!

Upvote 0

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve seen a lot of people post about it just didn’t know if there was different kinds that were safe versus not safe! Just wanna try something else to help clear my water up and thought I’d give this a shot! Thanks for the reply!
I use this exact brand. You'll be fine.

Upvote 0

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will work, but if you use it then use the stuff made for aquariums that comes in a bag similar to polyfil, the aquarium stuff clearly removes more from the water. It actually turns brown from all the gunk it catches. I think the walmart stuff is treated with something, although not harmful to our tanks, I feel it doesn’t pull as much stuff from the water.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
natashakay.

natashakay.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will work, but if you use it then use the stuff made for aquariums that comes in a bag similar to polyfil, the aquarium stuff clearly removes more from the water. It actually turns brown from all the gunk it catches. I think the walmart stuff is treated with something, although not harmful to our tanks, I feel it doesn’t pull as much stuff from the water.
At this rate I’m just looking for something cheaper and quick to get to help. I don’t need it to be perfect but my goby like to stir up crap all the time so figured a little extra something wouldn’t hurt

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back