Polyclad Flatworm? Euphyllia Eating Flatworm?

KG Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone help with the ID and eradication of these. The best I can figure from other posts here is this is a type of Polyclad Flatworm, possibly Euphyllia Eating. I am leaning towards that because a month ago I had a hammer that would not open and was close to dying before I dipped it and a few of these came out. Everything else looked good and I should have but did not dip my other euphyllia and now I have a torch that was not opening. I dipped that one and this is the same that came out.

I have not read much outside of consistent dipping and scraping eggs to eradicate. Any ideas? Any wrasse that are known to eat these?

Thank you for your assistance and knowledge.

20210830_164443.jpg

z-reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had these on my torch, weekly dips for a month seems to have controlled them along with scraping the eggs. Look for clusters of grey dots around the heads with a magnifying glass.

DeepintheReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, that’s them. They are tough to get rid of. I took out euphyllia weekly to inspect and pull off adults and scrape and eggs, then dipped in flatworm exit. Alternatively, you can dose flatworm exit to the tank, but it’s easier to do a higher concentration dip weekly or twice weekly for a few weeks.

Cabinetman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve dealt with these before and tried all the dips. By far the most effective was revive. Flatworm exit hardly affected them at all. 2 little fishes coral revive dips a couple times a week for a month for the win

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 43 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 21.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back