Pom Pom crab carrying eggs?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JulesH
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JulesH

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 14, 2018
Messages
208
Reaction score
170
Location
Torquay, UK
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I just wanted to share the images on my Pom Pom crab and what looks like a stash of eggs underneath her shell. I have two Pom Pom crabs, however I have only seen one at a time making me think one had died? Then earlier in the year both crabs were embracing in the front of my tank

This is one of reasons I love this hobby as its full of surprises!

Sorry about the state of the imagery!

IMG_3812.JPG IMG_3811.JPG IMG_3809.JPG tempImagenhh3ZK.png IMG_2677.jpg
 
Marine ecosystems are full of life. I enjoyed watching peppermint shrimp carry their blue/green eggs externally and then when they eat flake food of different colors, you can see the different colored food going thru the digestive track.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new