pookstreet's nano of all nanos!

pookstreet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look what I found! A beautiful 300 gallon Envision acrylic tank and metal stand. I've been planning a big tank for some time now and was going to have a local tank builder make my new tank. But when this came along with almost identical dimensions and in excellent shape, I just couldn't pass it up. Not to mention that the tank/stand only cost about 25% of a completely new setup. Here are some pix to get y'all started.

DSCN8398.jpg

DSCN8395.jpg

DSCN8400.jpg

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice, that external overflow looks just like the one i had built on my 50g cube.

whats the price if you dont mind me asking? ;)

OP
OP
P

pookstreet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank and stand for only $700! I priced a new acrylic tank and it was already $2300+ for the tank only. Like I said, I just couldn't pass it up. The only hurdle was the wife. Thanks Honey!!! :D

OP
OP
P

pookstreet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have a used 120 gallon acrylic tank for the sump. Didn't cost a dime, just some frags. Eventually, I'll add an 80-100 gallon prop tank that'll be tied into the same system.

OP
OP
P

pookstreet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank was used but in excellent shape. Just a few very minor scratches that can easily be buffed out. Yeah, I couldn't believe it either when I first saw the tank. I was expecting something with major scratches or deep gouges.

I-K@ndY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then my 180g now is now a PIco... lol.. Kenny good pick up man!.. seems like living in west coast is nice.. All the nice corals.. great deals .. :D..

Zoanuts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The stand itself probably cost that much!! Great p/u. My 48x48 powdercoated stand cost 600 by itself. GEEz

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow... nano's are pretty cool...

man, looking forward to seeing that beast up and running... :D

OP
OP
P

pookstreet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dad and I gave the tank a lift this past weekend. How fitting that on Father's Day, the 2 dads got to work on the new tank :D

The stand that came with the tank was a bit too short for my taste at about 33". I wanted the top of the tank to be at least eye level so I don't have to stoop to look at it. We decided to stack 2 pieces of 4"x8", bolted them together, and screwed down the stand onto it. The extra lumber raised it another 7" so it's perfect now. Check out the new platform shoes :hammer:

DSCN8522.jpg

DSCN8520.jpg

DSCN8523.jpg

ecotoxlady

Perpetual student
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Excellent tank Kenny! I'm amazed you able to convince the wife to let you have such a big tank. My husband wouldn't even consider letting me have anything above a 90 gallon. Cannot wait to see what you do with this monster! :D

OP
OP
P

pookstreet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Karen. I was lucky I guess but putting the system in the garage definitely helped. I volunteered to part outside so she didn't mind. It is a big jump from a 30 to a 300 but freeing up some valuable space inside our home office and getting rid of a lot of tank equipment clutter also helped :D

OP
OP
P

pookstreet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Marvin.

I am hoping to get my hands on a Reeflo Dart and a couple of 1" Sea Swirls this weekend so I can start plumbing this thing. I have a 6" 120 gallon acrylic tank that I need to chop down to fit inside the stand. Fun stuff ahead. Looking to fill the tank in a couple of weeks if I can get some stuff done.

OP
OP
P

pookstreet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got it from chaffey on RC. Seems like a nice guy but he goes through tanks and equipment like a recycling mill. I found the original post where he bought it from another reefer so I THINK it's legit.

tacocat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got it from chaffey on RC. Seems like a nice guy but he goes through tanks and equipment like a recycling mill. I found the original post where he bought it from another reefer so I THINK it's legit.

Oh I remember that. :D That dude needs a used fishstuff lot. Then again, I've sold three Ca reactors already. Legit, as in it's really an Envision? Yup it is, I can tell by the construction techniques. You can probably email the Envision folks if you know who the original buyer is, and get the build sheet and know everything you want to about this tank.

BTW, it looks like a tank that was built for a guy named "Fursphere".

OP
OP
P

pookstreet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know who the "original" owner was but chaffey bought it from someone named "headtrip" in Santa Ana. It's possible that headtrip wasn't the original owner though. Anyways, it's in really good condition and all it needed was some polishing with Novus 2. It only has a couple more minor scratches left so I am just gonna wait until it's filled before I do anything else. May not even show up with water in it.

Of course, the GEO 618 is gonna come in really handy. Although once I add the frag tank, it may have to work overtime :D

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 69 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.4%
Back