pookstreet's nano of all nanos!

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a great looking jordani! That's on my short list of additional wrasses I want to add as well.

OP
OP
P

pookstreet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Sara and Marv........I just ordered the macro lens for my camera so keep an eye out for some more coral pix soon.

aquarius77

¡ Viva la revolución!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank and awesome stuff!

Why did you chose the garage?
What happened that would have made you tear it down if it were inside, if you dont mind me asking? At first i thought what the heck, hes putting it in the garage, but now i think i want to move mine out there, seriously. My truck wont fit in my garage anyway..

OP
OP
P

pookstreet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank and awesome stuff!

Why did you chose the garage?
What happened that would have made you tear it down if it were inside, if you dont mind me asking? At first i thought what the heck, hes putting it in the garage, but now i think i want to move mine out there, seriously. My truck wont fit in my garage anyway..

Thanks aquarius. Well, I've had 2 leaks since it's been up in August of 2007. BOTH with me away on a trip or getting ready to leave for a trip :ah:

The first time was really my fault. Just before leaving for a weeklong business trip, I fiddled with a few things to make sure they were ok. I even called a good reefer friend while waiting at the airport to ask him if he would help out my wife if something should happen. Got off the plane and listened to a voicemail from my buddy saying that my wife had called him about a tank leak. Thought he was busting my balls until I heard the second message from my wife :beat_brick: The buddy showed up and fixed everything for me. Apparently, while messing around, I had accidently knocked the Ca reactor return line out of the sump so it was dumping onto the floor for a good 6-8 hours.

The second incident occurred the week before we were supposed to leave for a week vacation. The union check valve on the return line leaked. Reasons unknown. I replaced it, which was a pain to do. The week after we came back, it leaked again. I just cut it out and replaced it with a union valve for the time being until I have time to change out the return system.

If the leaks had happen inside the house on wood flooring or carpet, I think my wife would have killed and buried me before she threw the tank in the dumpster :bigsmile:

OP
OP
P

pookstreet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1549.jpg

IMG_1553.jpg

IMG_1556.jpg

ecotoxlady

Perpetual student
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red wines (along with armageddons) will forever be my favorite morph! Beautiful pictures Kenny!

OP
OP
P

pookstreet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOWZA!!!!!! :marv That setosa and the redwines are awesome.

Any FTS? :)

Thanks. As I have stated in another thread, I am not sure if those are RW or not. They grow much faster than the RW I had before. My old ones eventually died off slowly. These were given to me as Nightmares FWIW. No recent FTS yet. It's too messy on the sandbed so I am rather embarrassed to show the whole thing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

pookstreet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red wines (along with armageddons) will forever be my favorite morph! Beautiful pictures Kenny!

Thanks Karen. Unfortunately, I lost my RW a long time ago and the Armageddons when my work tank crashed :( Hoping to track down some Arms down the road. Anyone??? :tongue:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back