Poor Luck w/ Certain SPS + POLYP BAILOUT?

  • Thread starter Thread starter dbjonesjr
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dbjonesjr

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 26, 2018
Messages
443
Reaction score
305
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone might have some insight as to why the only SPS I am having luck keeping is Acropora. Everything else eventually has tissue go missing etc.! Furthermore today I discovered something while taking a photograph of my slimer I got last weekend. Is this evidence of polyp bailout or am I crazy? It looks like a birdsnest polyp or pocillipora polyp. Any advice on this issue or comments on my finding this would be appreciated.

425A7E4D-440E-4F08-BD95-29AF9217C44C.png
 
Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone might have some insight as to why the only SPS I am having luck keeping is Acropora. Everything else eventually has tissue go missing etc.! Furthermore today I discovered something while taking a photograph of my slimer I got last weekend. Is this evidence of polyp bailout or am I crazy? It looks like a birdsnest polyp or pocillipora polyp. Any advice on this issue or comments on my finding this would be appreciated.

425A7E4D-440E-4F08-BD95-29AF9217C44C.png

Are you talking about the tiny thing on the rock? I think it looks like a Ball Anemone.
 
Are you talking about the tiny thing on the rock? I think it looks like a Ball Anemone.
Yes that’s what I’m talking about. How would that have gotten in my system? I’m good about dipping etc and started it with dry rock.
 
Yes that’s what I’m talking about. How would that have gotten in my system? I’m good about dipping etc and started it with dry rock.


They make it in all the time. They are quite a common hitchhiker. Usually they disappear after a time.

Maybe some others will chime in. :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new