Poor man 60 g marineland cube build updates

Tmm87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm almost in agreement with u, but, if I want to do more involved corals later I thought I should spend up on a better light now? At least that's what people say to do.. hahahahaha. IDK. It's hard finding a decent rated /reviewed one that can hit the 24" depth(deep) and an arm/brace... I don't want to hand one from cieling. Lol. Sigh.... And so I keep looking. Hahahhah

I've got the same size tank as you and picked up the Maxspect Razor X 100W. It comes with two mounting arms and it's plenty strong enough to cover the whole tank right down to the sand bed. My tank is still cycling so there's nothing in it yet and can't give any review on performance in terms of growth but it's easy to set up and looks nice.

There were quite a few good reviews for the older Razor models which is why I went with this one. Marine Depot has it for $429.99

fightingfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm almost in agreement with u, but, if I want to do more involved corals later I thought I should spend up on a better light now? At least that's what people say to do.. hahahahaha. IDK. It's hard finding a decent rated /reviewed one that can hit the 24" depth(deep) and an arm/brace... I don't want to hand one from cieling. Lol. Sigh.... And so I keep looking. Hahahhah

Tough to find, right?! I’m looking to stick with LED lights...ugh

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the whole point of this build is to save loot$$$. I ran into a customer at the fishstore who just sold me his used Kessil A150W sky blue with the gooseneck for $65. And yes, it works! Haha! So temporarily, my light problem is solved. Hahahhhaaha.

SWEET!!!

That is one of those deals that you cant pass up!

I can't say I'm completely sold on Kessil yet. There seems to be people that love them, and those that hate them. Let us know what you think of the light.

OP
OP
-XENOMORPH-

-XENOMORPH-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will do! Hopefully in a day or 2 I'm gonna also grab CARIBSEA ARAG-ALIVE FIJI PINK LIVE SAND, 20 lbs. X2!! Hahahahahahaha. Should be filling this weekend or sooner... Depends on work. Lol. Thanks

OP
OP
-XENOMORPH-

-XENOMORPH-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sitting at work thinking if I should paint the back and side glass black? It will be in a corner...? Or leave it clear Opinions?

OP
OP
-XENOMORPH-

-XENOMORPH-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered sand bulk Reef supply. CaribSea Dry Aragonite Special Grade Reef Sand . Yeah!!!!!

OP
OP
-XENOMORPH-

-XENOMORPH-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My little r.o.buddie was busy all weekend, filled cube, 40 lbs dry and 20 lbs live, heater 1 powerhd in, fluval to pull light sand, CYCLING!!! Finally. Dr Tim's and ammonia.. pictures later.

OP
OP
-XENOMORPH-

-XENOMORPH-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crap. Gotta take out rods In rock towers and replace with plastic,. They're aluminum. Sigh..... Lol

OP
OP
-XENOMORPH-

-XENOMORPH-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aluminum rods r out. Redux rockscape asap. Pics this weekend

OP
OP
-XENOMORPH-

-XENOMORPH-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered another 15 lbs dry rock. Billy's. Can't have too much I say! Bio bio bio.

OP
OP
-XENOMORPH-

-XENOMORPH-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[emoji16] that feeling when u totally fill tank and sump and then cross ur fingers when u turn on the power to pumps.. hahhahahahhahhaha. It all works perfectly. No problems. Hahahhahahah. It's a miracle.

OP
OP
-XENOMORPH-

-XENOMORPH-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cycling
MVIMG_20180310_185112.jpg
MVIMG_20180310_185049.jpg

OP
OP
-XENOMORPH-

-XENOMORPH-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. First experience with having to sit and adjust intake valves and exit pump to eliminate overflow noise. Hahhahahah. That took a solid 45 minutes to get it right. Lol

OP
OP
-XENOMORPH-

-XENOMORPH-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally... Water test a revealed tank done cycling... Ammonia down to 0 or
.25.. yeah! Now ... Waiting for second delivery from Billy reef rock.. Nother 15 lbs. Total dry in tank would then be 45 lbs. Plus moving the current live rock to that tank slowly , another 20 lbs?. Gets me to 65 lbs for 60 gallon. Maybe start moving livestock slowly this weekend and next week. Finally....

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back