OP
OP
alain Bouchard

alain Bouchard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, that link is normal order link for 1 pcs board or 1 pcs light.

for example, when you want
1 pcs board, you just order 1 pcs and ask for discount (only pay shipping cost )
2 pcs boards, you order 1 pcs. there is 1 pcs free for you.
3 pcs boards, you order 2 pcs.
4 pcs boards, you order 3 pcs.
... ...

please this is the most easy way to get your detail address and shipping information. you can easly check the tracking information.
oh nice, so can I order 3 more boards to upgrade my 3 remaining lights?

Oliver@DSunY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
of course, you can :)

You are tank is so beautiful, It's worth any work we can do。 is there anything else you need ?

Oliver@DSunY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear all,

we will go into Chinese New Year holiday from janu 12th to 31th.

The Beta test STOP now , All orders before 12th 24:00 (Chinese) has been send.

the following video guide
1, how to connect to phone
2, how to build group
3, how to select and view the program (preset mode)

Please, very very thank you for any review, more detail , more goods.
Please, your reviews will much help friends make best correct decision between Turing RS90 (controller) or Hertz RL90 (wifi)

xin nian kuai le !
新年快乐

Oliver@DSunY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And allow me joke.

When i will receive my "wifi drivers boxes" for light, instead of promissed "controller", for testing.

;)

Kidding, best wishes i new year!
Dear Koh23,

I called the sales team specially for ensure your order ,seems there is no order from you.
anyway, there is a FREE boards for you forever.

please do not hesitate to let me know if you need my hands.

Koh23

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, sadly, plan was to order one more light, and board, but some unexpected situation happened, so i need to delay my plans a bit.

I will contact you as soon as i resolve this, and then we will continue as planned.

Happy new year!

mm95z71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, there is free test sample for the frinds in Reef2Reef. you only pay the shipping cost, it is up to where are you.

Please it is too difficult for me to check the shipping address and cost. so the following easy way for you.
1, make order from this link but not pay, and comment : "reef2reef for test sample"
2, then there is your address and our team will check the shipping cost and modify the price.
3, you only pay the shipping cost and waiting for it.

there is pictures show how to replace the old cords-boards with wifi boards.

Please there is only 1 pcs wifi boards free .
If you want a wifi light, RL90, or if you want more wifi boards, tell us in this thread, I will help you to win a big discount. :)
Are you still offering the test sample? I just purchased 2 RS90s. Thanks.

Oliver@DSunY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you still offering the test sample? I just purchased 2 RS90s. Thanks.
I am sorry to say the Beta test is finished. Now we are waiting for the review about it.

Will infor you when there is release version. :-)

Djmac

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Installed the wifi boards in my lights today. Install process was very easy, video was helpful. I did notice fan power cable is routed over the ICs now rather than the heatsink and thought about potential heat issues there.

I will have a play around with the app.

It would be nice if we could set a % power limit like the old controller, but the UI makes it easy enough to customise the presets so its probably not a big drama (I've been running these lights at 60-70% power, at least till my tank is fully stable).

I noticed the Lunar cycle mode operates all day now. Ie Lunar cycle is currently at day 1 - 2% and its 10:30am. Channel 2 is at 2% rather than the program setting of 85%. If I turn off the lunar cycle it returns to the program setting.

Oliver@DSunY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Installed the wifi boards in my lights today. Install process was very easy, video was helpful. I did notice fan power cable is routed over the ICs now rather than the heatsink and thought about potential heat issues there.

I will have a play around with the app.

It would be nice if we could set a % power limit like the old controller, but the UI makes it easy enough to customise the presets so its probably not a big drama (I've been running these lights at 60-70% power, at least till my tank is fully stable).

I noticed the Lunar cycle mode operates all day now. Ie Lunar cycle is currently at day 1 - 2% and its 10:30am. Channel 2 is at 2% rather than the program setting of 85%. If I turn off the lunar cycle it returns to the program setting.
yes, in WiFi version (Hertz) , we simulate the "real" moon for Ch2. All 24 hours (a day) not only the night.

In controller version (Turing) , some hobbyists define the night from 22:00- 8:00, some from 18:00-4:00..So there is a function of "define the night". it is too complicated and the sals team always be asked about how to "delay" or "a head" the lunar moon.

Now, just like the real moon (on sky). we do not notice the "half of the moon" during the day, because it is impossible to see the moon during the day.
the Ch2 is also very small power, so there is almost no useful during the day.

So, just set the start-day of the lunar moon, then do not worry about anythings. this is the advantage of the new design.

Oliver@DSunY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
enjoy the WiFi !

Share your experience to help us decide whether to use "Turing" or to use "Hertz".

thank you for your kindly help.

Djmac

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the Ch2 is also very small power, so there is almost no useful during the day.
Ch2 is UV 400nm though?

I havent actually tested it during the day, but I would have expected to be able to notice the UV at least in the early evening (depending on the corals colours).

Seems like a backward step for the lunar simulation.

I understand its difficult to implement, but having configurable start/end times for lunar simulation on CH2 is better in my opinion.

Djmac

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noticed some strange behaviour last night, the pair of lights were "out of sync" with each other.

Looked in the app, and they were at different locations in the cycle, even though they both said 9:01pm for the time.

If you see from the screenshots the both have 9:01, but the red line is further across on one of the lights (closer to 10pm).

After power cycling the problem one it fixed itself.

(These screenshots were taken a little after I found the problem. When I noticed the issue one of the lights was still ramping down whilst the other was already in night CH2-only).

Attachments

• IMG_5591.PNG
    IMG_5591.PNG
    101.9 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_5592.PNG
    IMG_5592.PNG
    101.3 KB · Views: 49

Oliver@DSunY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your bug-report. :)

yes, I see the red Time-Line is in different location. it is bug. I will report to R&D.

1674786797438.png

Please you familiar with IT issue, so I am happy to explain how the light run in detail. forget it if it is too boring. :)
1, there is a server (cloud)
2, light communicate (sync) with the server every 1 minutes or every 15 min base on "what does change"
3, the app get the status of the light from the server and show the status in app.
4, they draw the curve and time line base on LOCAL data (what you saved ) in app.

The reason that wifi version is delay almost 1 year is the difficult of real-time with the server.
Tuya built the server base on the application of home-appliances. the concurrency is not good as bank server.
in other words, the data always lost or wait.

Now let us discuss "group", as you know, the difficult is which light's status should be show? of course, no light status technically. Maybe you say ”polling ", sorry, Tuya server not support.
so, when in group,
there is "push" data from app to server then to light.
there is no "get" data from the light to app.

consider WiFi is not a stable communicate way. ( lost signal always) . the sync is more conplex.
I have tested many "app-server-light" Network Architecture, they are all same problem. (for example. red sea, echo tech )

Anyway, there may 2 type of bugs
1, the status of the light is a little different with the show of "single device" in app
2, the status of on light is a little different with the show of "group"

Solve it :
1, do nothing, just wait 15 or 20 minutes. they will sync again.
2, re-power-on the light to focus sync.

Oliver@DSunY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there is also Known issues

in group. when you group power on or group power off the light.
some lights are fast action (on or off), but the display on app is very slow to update to new status.

have to wait some minutes.

Oliver@DSunY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not aways, but some time. in fact, performance of home routers is also very impotant.

when there are more than 6 lights connect to my home-router, I see this "slow" but in our lab, the router is commercial routers. they always "very good" ..

WiFi is too complecated than the controller version.
privately I do not like idear of "connect home appliance by WiFi" (amazon)。
Please think about our fathers. are they easy to know the "password" in the connection-screen? are they easy to see the screen of phone ? how do they undertand "group" ?

Oliver@DSunY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems this link offer the best price for the RS90 light. (but no driver).

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems this link offer the best price for the RS90 light. (but no driver).

Huh? What do you mean?
Link lists that site as " Official popbloom store"
Screenshot_20230130-000945.png

Oliver@DSunY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it is official store in Ebay.

Now, there are sells in aliexpress, ebay. but they are different department. they independently make decisions about promotion-price and which one to sell.

there will be sells in amazon.

I don't have access to the latest prices in real time.

Djmac

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @Oliver@DSunY ,

I believe there's another issue with the wifi controller (or app). Tonight I was playing with manual mode setting.

The moon channel 2 was 1% in app and I noticed the light was still pretty bright. When changing Ch2 in manual mode (to say 2%) the lights dimmed dramatically. I checked the program and CH2 was at 50% in the program, but moonlight mode was at 1% (day 2 of cycle). I think the light was closer to 50% channel 2 (ie the program setting for ch2, not the moonlight override).

In summary, the app said Ch2 @ 1%, but CH2 was running at 50%. Seems like moonlight function only shows in app, but not actually reflected in the light.

Oliver@DSunY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
--I checked the program and CH2 was at 50% in the program, but moonlight mode was at 1%
I think the lunar mode is open and the day is "day 1", and it is in group mode.
seems the settings are not picked up by the lights。
double check are the setting is in group not single light and go into the "review the setting" to check the mode.

Would please may it is possible to take a screenshot or a short video to help give more information?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 48 34.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 47 33.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back