popeye in newly arrived fish?

coralbeauties

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I received a wholesale order yesterday and ordered 3 moorish idols. One is breathing very rapidly and I just noticed one of the other ones has an injury on its side and just now noticed its eyes are starting to bulge and one even looks like it has an air bubble coming out from behind the eye. The third one is doing fine. I have them in hypo. The one with the popeye has been eating on some frozen clam and brine I put in the tank. I know there isnt much I can do for the one breathing fast but how about the one with popeye? Is the hypo causing this problem to be worst?
thanks
Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably flukes from the sounds of it. Can you do a FW dip on one of them that has eye issues?

OP
OP
coralbeauties

coralbeauties

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I should be able to do a freshwater dip on the popeye fish. I fed some brine and it ate some shook his head back and forth but started to eat it up. The one breathing hard has no interest in food and is getting somewhat lethargic. I just read where if it would have flukes in its gills a fresh water dip wouldnt be of any good. Im guessing that one will be a goner.
Jeff

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 28.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 36.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 27.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back