Popeye?

Spookyclemente

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 6, 2021
Messages
135
Reaction score
36
Location
new york
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just noticed on this fish its eye is sticking out ALOT it wasn’t like this about a day ago I have never had this happen. He’s still doing what he normally does but what do I do to help this?
20260326_130757_ED188A51-34EA-439A-8A35-B7F913997808.png
 
So I just noticed on this fish its eye is sticking out ALOT it wasn’t like this about a day ago I have never had this happen. He’s still doing what he normally does but what do I do to help this?
20260326_130757_ED188A51-34EA-439A-8A35-B7F913997808.png

That is pretty common in anthias and is caused by some trauma. As long as the same thing doesn't happen to its other eye (a second injury) then it may heal. This eye looks pretty bad, the fish may lose that eye though.

There is no effective treatment for eye trauma like this. Antibiotics would be indicated if the eye turns red or cloudy (indicating an infection). Google will tell you to use "Epsom salts", but that is a treatment for FW, not SW fish.

https://reefs.com/magazine/aquarium-fish-the-eyes-have-it-a-review-of-eye-health-in-aquarium-fishes/
 
So I just noticed on this fish its eye is sticking out ALOT it wasn’t like this about a day ago I have never had this happen. He’s still doing what he normally does but what do I do to help this?
20260326_130757_ED188A51-34EA-439A-8A35-B7F913997808.png

That is pretty common in anthias and is caused by some trauma. As long as the same thing doesn't happen to its other eye (a second injury) then it may heal. This eye looks pretty bad, the fish may lose that eye though.

There is no effective treatment for eye trauma like this. Antibiotics would be indicated if the eye turns red or cloudy (indicating an infection). Google will tell you to use "Epsom salts", but that is a treatment for FW, not SW fish.

https://reefs.com/magazine/aquarium-fish-the-eyes-have-it-a-review-of-eye-health-in-aquarium-fishes/
So should I just leave him and see how he does?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 38.9%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new