Porcelain crab and BTA

  • Thread starter Thread starter dvgyfresh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dvgyfresh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
5,446
Reaction score
9,565
Location
US
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all ,

I recently bought a porcelain crab and it laid claim to my CSB. I am not sure if I should remove the crab ; reasons the anemone is a lot smaller now, won’t fully open up, crab sits in it all day and maybe it is bothering it?

Pre crab and post crab pics.
Nem is noticeably smaller , additionally never fully expands anymore

IMG_2753.jpeg IMG_2976.jpeg IMG_2962.jpeg IMG_2956.jpeg
 
Give it back to the lfs
 
Personally I've given up on porcelain crabs, I find they are just too affectionate and it bothers the anemone IME
 
Personally I've given up on porcelain crabs, I find they are just too affectionate and it bothers the anemone IME
Ye he is constantly on it, like feet on mouth and I think the nem is not liking it, I’ll either try to get him to switch anemones? Or back to LFS
 
you won’t get it off the nem without damaging both
Already got him gone lol 😂 I lured him with mysis - I hand feed all nems using a baster so it was familiar with it
 
I personally enjoy anemone crabs, large carpets seem to be less irritated by them ime.

Here is mine in my large sunburst. I have a pair in the tank
IMG_5576.jpeg
IMG_5567.jpeg
 
Last edited:

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new