Porcelain crab doing the backstroke

Sdbuehler1

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 31, 2021
Messages
411
Reaction score
610
Location
Berryville
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night I saw something swimming around my tank in the dark and then discovered it was a porcelain crab. I had no idea these could swim like that. It wasn’t just fluttering above the sand. It was literally cruising around about 6 inches up. I’m guessing something spooked it.
 
I’m no crab expert by any means but I do know there are true swimming crabs. I always thought that porcelain crabs weren’t actually true crabs, they belong to the squat lobster family, I know lobsters can swim along with shrimps etc? So maybe they do swim around. Pretty cool if you ask me. Can you get a video of it?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new