Porcelain crab fish/reef safe

canadian reefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 15, 2013
Messages
163
Reaction score
1
Location
canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering if anyone ever had experience with porcelain crabs killing or hurting fish, shrimp or corals


Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
 
I had one, didnt bother anything. My gf was in love with it and wont stop talking about getting another one in my new tank.
 
Depends how big of a tank you have. If you have an established large tank get a few if you have a small tank start with 1.
 
Depends how big of a tank you have. If you have an established large tank get a few if you have a small tank start with 1.

What is considered small? The tank is 75gallons and it has been running for 9 months but I just recently added 30lbs of live rock


Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
 
My boss has like 20 in his 180g. they just filter particles from the water i beleive... I haven't seen them show any interest in fish
 
Yeah you would be fine with a few. They just filter water with feather like arms grabbing food.
 
One of my favorite crabs, I like the blue ones
 
I love my porcelain crab...he is 4 years old and has hosted open brains but when I moved he picked the green rock nem :)

Untitled-1561.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new