Porcupine Puffer and Clown Trigger compatibility help

TommyDelaney

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a porcupine puffer and clown triggerfish in the Lfs today and loved the looks and was wondering if it would be possible to keep one Ik the puffers have a clam needed diet and some triggers are aggressive or nip at corals so just looking for a little insight. I have a 5x2x2 133g mixed reef and have this stock list planned

-tomini Tang
-blonde Naso tang
-purple tang
-one spot foxface
-zebra eel
-tiger watchman goby
-exquisite fairy wrasse
-copperband butterflyfish

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Porcupine puffers make a lot of poop and will eat all of your clean up crew. Clown triggers will eat the inverts too and can be quite aggresive so if you have a peaceful tank keep this in mind.

OP
OP
TommyDelaney

TommyDelaney

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Porcupine puffers make a lot of poop and will eat all of your clean up crew. Clown triggers will eat the inverts too and can be quite aggresive so if you have a peaceful tank keep this in mind.
I haven’t been able to add clean up crew because my zebra eel would eat them all so I was more worried about the fish. I have a good skimmer so not to worried about the waste so I think the porcupine might work then. But the clown trigger I don’t know if I’m willing to risk fish if it is aggressive. Thank you. Anyone have experience with the clown trigger in a reef?

EmilyXLC

Charisma +10
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ours got along great! Of course, Clown Triggers are definitely a hit or miss on being jerks/not jerks, so take what you will from this LOL

86CC464B-AE8F-49DF-ADAF-C7969CA174AF.jpeg

OP
OP
TommyDelaney

TommyDelaney

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ours got along great! Of course, Clown Triggers are definitely a hit or miss on being jerks/not jerks, so take what you will from this LOL

86CC464B-AE8F-49DF-ADAF-C7969CA174AF.jpeg
Those are beautiful fish I’m not willing to risk the trigger being a jerk but I think I will try the porcupine puffer. Thank you

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A porcupine puffer and clown trigger will each outgrow a 133 gallon. They also aren't good fishes for a reef.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back