Portable rodi mount?

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting aquatic life rodi unit but I can not mount it anywhere. I would be using it at my hose on the side of the house. Has anybody made a portable mount for this thing? Something I can bring to the side of the house make water and then put away? I was thinking of mounting it to a board to carry to spigot, do my thing then slide board in a spot in the garage for storage. Any other ideas? Is it ok to move around even? Hope that makes since

William Robinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 to the booster comment. I needed one on mine.
I wanted to do the same with my 6 Stage BRS system but found by the time I made a caster system, platform to mount it on and walls to support the RODI itself, then is was just a big clumsy rig. I ended up mounting it in my closet and stacked everything neatly using tubing guides. I now just fill a 30 gallon trash can in there on casters and roll it to the tank. I even installed an outlet in the closet so that I can put a power head in there to mix the salt. Mind you my closet is not very big at all. Probably the normal household size for a bathroom that has both a his and hers separated making them individually smaller.

NeedMoreReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've done this at a rentals when I was younger, worked fine. would fill 32 gallon Brutte trash cans outside on back patio. A regular 3x 10" filter unit will stand on its own. A booster pump while I own one I don't use it anymore, just means you'll waste more water, filters may not last as long.
I have cheap unit from ebay, still have and use it 20 years later. 10 years ago I added a dual DI with dual TDS meter.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the mixing station thread, there is someone who put thier brutes, and RO/DI unit on a dolly for this exact purpose. They wheel it outside to their hose bib, hook it up, make water, wheel it back indoors.

I personally thought it was a great and simple solution.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 24 35.8%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 38 56.7%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back