Poseiden pod and phyto system questions

After how long do you change them cause mine are only 7-8 weeks old
It varies. I change them when the bubbling frequency starts to decrease. Sometimes a few weeks sometimes a couple months. Poseidon sells the replacements.
That did it for me and it keeps my harvest time pretty stable.
Not sure if that will fix your issue, but pretty cheap to try it out, maybe it helps.
 
My copepod podnest keeps turning brown. I harvest every few days bc the water turns white quickly. When I put the pods in the tank I don’t see many swimming - they look like floating dots.

Thoughts?
IMG_4404.jpeg
IMG_4404.jpeg
IMG_4405.jpeg
 
Mine did that too. I used corrugated plastic and made a homemade pod hotel and ran the air line down through it and stopped using the loofah that came with the kit. Or you could order an extra one and bleach the dirty one between cultures.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new