Possible Aiptasia looking for confirmation

mcdrichj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for confirmation that this is aiptasia wondering if I should toss this frag or try to treat it. It has been in my tank for about a month. I dont see any signs that it has spread.

Thanks!

20221226_114350.jpg

keatonmjenkins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea it’s aptasia. Just mix up a slurry of kalk and feed it to it. If it’s been in there a month you’ll most likely start seeing others pop up. Just be on the lookout and smite them when you see them.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for confirmation that this is aiptasia wondering if I should toss this frag or try to treat it. It has been in my tank for about a month. I dont see any signs that it has spread.

Thanks!

20221226_114350.jpg

As you are likely reading, aiptasia drop 1-5 'babies' weekly... coral already seems to be IN your main tank and not in a coral quarantine tank.

ASAP treat with thick kalkwasser paste or my favorite is F-Aiptasia, but whatever you can quickly get to get started. Then AS SOON as you see another, zap it also.

Never scrub an aiptasia... each tiny bit forms another.

If I had it to do over, would have started three different type dipping sooner and also have each new coral going into coral quarantine tank for 3-6 months observation before going into main display tank... but for me, that boat sailed, probably sailed the day caught my BF scrubbing aiptasia "him: to feel better" ... I'm raising berghia hoping not to lose more corals or fish (or BF ... have not yet shot him... but everyone is sad)

Good luck to you!

ScottJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a couple peppermint shrimp from reef cleaners for a small out brake of aiptasia I had after some new rock. The shrimp did their job, no more aiptasia.

keatonmjenkins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any experience with Berghia Nudis? I will prep some kalk paste.
Yea I sell/breed them but for how small those are you won’t need them. Nudis are a last resort for aptasia. If you’re worried get a file fish and it’ll keep them down too so they won’t be an issue in the tank.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 117 77.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 11 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 22 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back