Possible Divorce Frag Build

Current State:

In process of tearing down all tanks and putting things in tanks in the house.

One tank down and one to go.

IMG_7678.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats your survival rate? With your set up I imagine really good.
Last few trips has been 100% from Fl to home. Lose a few crabs/snails/hermits here or there after they get into the tanks. Black ear wrasse, v tail grouper and panther grouper are to blame for those lol. Occasionally, I will have a zoa or 2 melt after bit. All in all, it is pretty good.

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think it might be time to clean the tanks?????

finally got it somewhat cleaned up in the fish barn as well.

Mute headset on calls, clean some, unmute when needed and stop cleaning, then mute and clean some more lol.

FCCE9D09-163B-436B-AC87-FEC1D9828405.jpeg

50F84DC2-28A8-4287-8054-7820036FFB52.jpeg
FB1310DC-1CD1-42B8-85D7-30B66478509E.jpeg

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found some cool prints at hobby lobby at half off. Picked them up a bit ago, but finally got them hung above my desk in the fish barn.

Yes it is my home office as well lol. Wife works from home and her Conf calls are loud as crap, since she doesn’t wear headphones.

May redo how they are, but for now, they ok lol.

AB6257DF-4F28-4E77-8843-B6BDF35C339F.jpeg

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5 RBTA will be going to the LFS this weekend. They split and there is no more room on their rock, so they just keep wandering lol. And yes, I need to clean the tank. It will get done this weekend.

Poor hammer got walked on by nem. It will be ok, or if not, it will be going into the CaRX lol.

tempImagezRozv7.png

tempImageLtelas.png

tempImageG41aOg.png

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish barn all clean again.

And yes, that is a dog food bowl. Little Schitt loves to come out here during the day while I work.

image.jpg

Made room for some more diy frag racks
CF9C40A4-392B-416E-9561-A49D8CB13414.jpeg

think I may have enough mangroves lol. And yes, that is acros, monti, zoas and a crap ton of gorgs.
Crap pic though lol.
AFCBEE6C-DEED-4C3A-BA8D-39CBE9E88E65.jpeg

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK. Sitting here "working" hehe. I was thinking bout some things. Like why the heck did I get up to spray down the mangroves.

I am pretty handy with DIY stuff, so hmmmmm.

I think I my spend this afternoon figuring out how to make an automatic sprayer for my mangroves. I do not have any spray nozzles around, but I know I have about 20 or so new windshield washer nozzles in the shop. Then I have some air hose for air pumps and some tees for vacuum lines.

Sounds to me, all I need to find is a pump. I bet I have one of those. Not to mention, I have access to FW here in the fish barn.

Let the redneck mangrove rain shower system design and build begin lol.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK. Sitting here "working" hehe. I was thinking bout some things. Like why the heck did I get up to spray down the mangroves.

I think I my spend this afternoon figuring out how to make an automatic sprayer for my mangroves. I do not have any spray nozzles around, but I know I have about 20 or so new windshield washer nozzles in the shop. Then I have some air hose for air pumps and some tees for vacuum lines.

Sounds to me, all I need to find is a pump. I bet I have one of those. Not to mention, I have access to FW here in the fish barn.

I love this sort of "work"

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Can you rig it as part of your ato? Accounting for evap?

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you rig it as part of your ato? Accounting for evap?
That was the plan. My ATO pump is not strong enough, hence the need for a pump. Being as my ATO is DIY and float switches, it runs a ton during the day. Which is fine. It just means almost no detectable variance in salinity. That can be a whole other issue though, as it will need to run long enough to wash the plants off and not sure how long. it will run due to evap. The only upside, is it has to overflow (so to speak) the macro tank before the sump sensor read it, so it may work well. Even if it overtops off a little, no worse than a rain shower locally in the wild. Salinity changes just a hair and currents correct it.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was the plan. My ATO pump is not strong enough, hence the need for a pump. Being as my ATO is DIY and float switches, it runs a ton during the day. Which is fine. It just means almost no detectable variance in salinity. That can be a whole other issue though, as it will need to run long enough to wash the plants off and not sure how long. it will run due to evap. The only upside, is it has to overflow (so to speak) the macro tank before the sump sensor read it, so it may work well. Even if it overtops off a little, no worse than a rain shower locally in the wild. Salinity changes just a hair and currents correct it.
Evaporation will take care of that

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bigger bigger no not that big.... perfect....
Story of my life!!!!! Kidding. Not my story :p

OK, so that did not work. Too much restriction once it gets to the nozzle. Thinking maybe a sprayer head for a garden hose with garden hose from pup to it. Being as it will be a few feet above tank ,not really worried about the metal for the hose ends.

Need a nice fine mist, so may just end up ordering some sprayer ends for a greenhouse irrigation system, but then I need at least 50 psi. I am trying to do this and avoid pressure lol.

Time to go raid the garage.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Story of my life!!!!! Kidding. Not my story :p

OK, so that did not work. Too much restriction once it gets to the nozzle. Thinking maybe a sprayer head for a garden hose with garden hose from pup to it. Being as it will be a few feet above tank ,not really worried about the metal for the hose ends.

Need a nice fine mist, so may just end up ordering some sprayer ends for a greenhouse irrigation system, but then I need at least 50 psi. I am trying to do this and avoid pressure lol.

Time to go raid the garage.
Why not get the sprayer/misting nozzles that hook up into irrigation tubing?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 73 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back