Possible issue with my coral

Kylepope2020

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 19, 2020
Messages
48
Reaction score
19
Location
Gloucestershire
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I was doing tank maintenance and scraping my glass the other week & the back of my hand scraped across my candy cane coral quite hard and I’m just wondering have I killed it ? As it’s not looking too great the first picture where the coral is full of colour is when I first got it about 2 months ago and the other two are today the coral is looking as if it’s turning white around the top and the colour just isn’t there anymore

BFE28521-AE5F-4529-80CE-9E6F3B3E47A5.png 483E229B-A336-4269-A8F6-614BDDC7EEF3.jpeg 82FA67AE-27A5-458B-AB69-81DAF591FBBF.jpeg
 
There's some hope left I would say. The tissue is receding and the skeleton is showing, that was a pretty nasty bump. If your water parameters are in check and stability is there, then allow it to heal. Definitely do not touch it or move it.

Did this succession of health happen only after you hit it or was it looking worse over time since you first got it?
 
Agree with @tsouth. There is flesh there, so it might recover.

@mods, this might get more help if it is put in the correct forum and moved from the SPS forum.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new