possible ro

richy's reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi people, can anyone please have a look at this ro unit and tell me why it should not be ok to use on my new marine setup. i can purchase 5 stage like this ( but comes with kitchen tap etc for less than half of the price of a 3 stage that says for fish aquariums.am i missing something ? also forgot to say i am living in Australia otherwise i would pick 1 up from BRS easily not so easy over here though im afraid

thanks all

Silent

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would stick with known trusted brands for reefers like brs, spectre, airwaterice and a few others found in threads.

OP
OP
richy's reef

richy's reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would stick with known trusted brands for reefers like brs, spectre, airwaterice and a few others found in threads.
issue is postage to AU otherwise i would, they seem to be 10 years behind here to be honest

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the thing with "drinking" RO units.....do not use the water coming from the storage tank. You'll need to install a tee valve, bypassing the tank, and ideally run this through a DI canister to collect aquarium water.

The reason you don't want to use storage tank water is that that tank is filled on demand. Because of that, it contains a fair amount of breakthrough TDS. It's what makes this water drinkable, and not flat tasting, like pure water tastes like.

When you want to make water for your tank, flip the valve, running the water through DI, and collect that water.

OP
OP
richy's reef

richy's reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the thing with "drinking" RO units.....do not use the water coming from the storage tank. You'll need to install a tee valve, bypassing the tank, and ideally run this through a DI canister to collect aquarium water.

The reason you don't want to use storage tank water is that that tank is filled on demand. Because of that, it contains a fair amount of breakthrough TDS. It's what makes this water drinkable, and not flat tasting, like pure water tastes like.

When you want to make water for your tank, flip the valve, running the water through DI, and collect that water.
thanks guys

i was going to leave the tap and tank off so thats good to know, and purchase an extra di pod.

so basically no difference, ro is ro just polish it with the DI before use. thanks again

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back