Possible urgent assistance

jakeandmel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been using this website for a while for assistance when it comes to advice on my 20 gallon saltwater tank, I have come across a problem that I have found zero information on how to help. I just purchased a new 20 gallon tank that we’ve had for about a month, we recently purchased a long tip anemone and it has seemed to attach himself to the wall, when I reached down to move him I noticed I have a small hole in the back left side of my tank (leading into my pump into back of tank) it has sucked my anemone through by the foot, not very much, around the size of a dime, I don’t know what to do, I don’t want to pull the anemone and kill it in the process, I have killed the power to the pump and lightly applied pressure to the dime sized part of the anemone with no luck. Please let me know if any tricks to help or if I should just let it work itself out of the hole.
image.jpg
image.jpg

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could take a credit card and gently lift him with that if it concerns you, but the anemone looks happy and if he wanted to move he would. He probably found that with his foot and is using it as a hook like he would with uneven rocks.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 124 81.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back