Possible Zoa parasite/Identification

TDNano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this Zoa colony for 2 weeks now. I got them from a LFS. When I brought them home there was some algae on the frag so I did a dip with Hydrogen Peroxide. I let them sit for a few more days then noticed these spike like things coming out as well as small hard to see worm like critters, some red some clear. I took the plug out and did another dip with about 1ml of Prozipro and Peroxide to see if that’d do anything. I glued them to the rock to have some contrast to see anything easier, nothing else is on the rock. Today, checked again, still there. They also haven’t opened more than in the picture. Has anyone had or seen anything like this? Or have suggestions to get rid of them?
[I also don’t know this type of Zoa as I’m new to collecting them if anyone recognizes them I’d be happy to know :) ]

0CCD3BAB-B7FE-4AFE-A7DE-9E908CB46F94.jpeg

OP
OP
TDNano

TDNano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's likely vermatid snails you are seeing. The dips are stressing them, they'll need time to recover.
I’m not sure if it’s Vermatid snails, but I could be wrong. My initial guess was small infant bristle-worms. I’ll stop the dips as I am sure that’s stressing them. In the picture the spikes I’m talking about can be seen at the top right of the frag.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.0%
Back