Possum wrasse being bullied

Mcdonalds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is a newer thing, with my wrasse where he is getting picked on by my male clownfish and hiding (had him since November). His tail looks pretty ripped up. He used to swim around and not be shy but recently he’s been lying his his sleeping position in his cave more than normal. He’s eaten every day except today, he didn’t react to food when I just fed. I’ve tried dealing with a dotty back (which I no longer have) with a breeder box, and it didn’t work. I have a 24g cube. Other than rearranging the scape what can I do.? I feed plenty and only have 4 fish. Thank you for the help

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm afraid you may have to rehome him or your clowns. You're dealing with one of the most demure of wrasses and fish in general. Your pair of clowns are going to claim the entire tank (given the size of your tank) and defend that territory. Not saying you can't have other fish but they will have to be more bold and aggressive than the shy Possum wrasse is.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mcdonalds

Mcdonalds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm afraid you may have to rehome him or your clowns. You're dealing with one of the most demure of wrasses and fish in general. Your pair of clowns are going to claim the entire tank (given the size of your tank) and defend that territory. Not saying you can't have other fish but they will have to be more bold and aggressive than the shy Possum wrasse is.
Yeah that’s kind of what I feared. The other fish is a bicolor blenny who is larger than the clowns and he seems to scare them every time he even moves.

Upvote 0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back