Post-GFO & Carbon sediment filter

  • Thread starter Thread starter SaltyBlue
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

SaltyBlue

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 10, 2025
Messages
37
Reaction score
25
Location
Space Coast
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering if anyone is running a sediment filter after GFO and / or carbon to help with dusty fines. I give my media reactors a good rinse and collect the first 20 seconds or so outside the tank. Wondering what measures others are taking
 
Since I use media bags in my reactors I only rinse the bags before I put them in the reactors. Rinse and let all the water drain out. 1 final rinse before dropping them in.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new