Post Processing How-to

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before you spend any money try Picasa and RawTherapee. They are free downloads. Google them and give them a try.

MarineManiac

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great tutorial - What's the main difference between Unsharp Mask and Sharpen in PS?

USM (unsharp mask) uses a convolution matrix to apply sharpening. laymens terms: finds edges, applies blur, sharpens local contrast. this is the best form of sharpening for most people. settings of 200-300, .1-.3 pixel, 0 threshold are good starting points for most images.

Sharpen just finds edges and applies a contrast to them. leaving an image unnatural looking in some circumstances.

Jake

gparr

Waterbox Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Smart Sharpen, radius of 1.0, and the Lens Blur setting. My sharpening percentage is in the 150% to 175% range. If I have to sharpen at 200% or higher, I usually throw the image away. I have always been happy with a radius of 1.0. I'll have to give a smaller radius a try to see what happens. I got my basic settings from a George Lepp seminar and they've served me well.
Gary

VividGreg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all- first time posting in this forum. Wanted to share a great Photoshop color correction method that works magnificently for aquarium photos. Try this and see if it works for you:
With your image open create a duplicate layer then go to Filter>Blur>Average then invert the color by pressing Control/I. Now go to the Layer palette and double click on that duplicate layer (default name is Background copy). In the Blend Mode dropdown box select Color and use the Opacity slider to make that photo snap. It's working so well for me... here I am posting it :)

The Dro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a photo of one of mine after post processing.
zoanthids_by_desaad37-d7h555h.jpg

zoanthids_by_desaad37-d7h555h.jpg

Da8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. It could be convinient to update this information with all the new features PS has. Thanks you !

Takiaro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The result is amazing. I've been practicing photocorrection for several years but I didn't succeed in it like you did. I also found an interesting article here about underwater photography tips. I'm gonna try these tips during my next photo shoot. I believe, that the perfect result is only 20 percent of editing and 80 percent of good preparation.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back