Post your best encrusting montipora

CoastieFlo

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 5, 2021
Messages
132
Reaction score
149
Location
Monterey
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody have a nice colony of encrusting montipora? Feel free to share pics, care advice or info.... Here's my new rainbow montipora frag and first dive into SPS.

20210608_125652.jpg
 
Even though I’ve let them get out of control, here they are! ;Hilarious

They are usually very easy to care for as long as you have adequate light and water flow. Definitely one of the easier SPS IMO.

607B6F5F-AD97-4E83-9762-3D777D5BAA86.jpeg
 
My mystic sunset grows like a weed.
A47E0C15-FD84-42AF-9BE7-1BEE3AE71083.jpeg
Nice tank. I see you have a Biocube. Are these the stock Biocube lights above that monti or do you have some kind of modifications under the lid. I have heard from numerous people that the Biocube lights are SPS capable to an extent (not acros but easy SPS). Considering getting some easy SPS but I’m not sure if they would make it under the lights
 
Nice tank. I see you have a Biocube. Are these the stock Biocube lights above that monti or do you have some kind of modifications under the lid. I have heard from numerous people that the Biocube lights are SPS capable to an extent (not acros but easy SPS). Considering getting some easy SPS but I’m not sure if they would make it under the lights
I do have different lights (AI Hydra 26 HD), however, the encrusting montis will do ok with the stock lights. I had this one under them and it was growing, albeit more slowly than it does now. So, mystic sunset would work at the top with stock lights
 
I do have different lights (AI Hydra 26 HD), however, the encrusting montis will do ok with the stock lights. I had this one under them and it was growing, albeit more slowly than it does now. So, mystic sunset would work at the top with stock lights
Is there any major difference in coloration shown by your corals between the stock lights and the AI?
 
Is there any major difference in coloration shown by your corals between the stock lights and the AI?
I do think their overall color is better, and the extra blues really enhance that. I’m very happy with the upgrade - it’s been almost a year now.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new