Post your best encrusting montipora

CoastieFlo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody have a nice colony of encrusting montipora? Feel free to share pics, care advice or info.... Here's my new rainbow montipora frag and first dive into SPS.

20210608_125652.jpg

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My mystic sunset grows like a weed.
A47E0C15-FD84-42AF-9BE7-1BEE3AE71083.jpeg
Nice tank. I see you have a Biocube. Are these the stock Biocube lights above that monti or do you have some kind of modifications under the lid. I have heard from numerous people that the Biocube lights are SPS capable to an extent (not acros but easy SPS). Considering getting some easy SPS but I’m not sure if they would make it under the lights

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank. I see you have a Biocube. Are these the stock Biocube lights above that monti or do you have some kind of modifications under the lid. I have heard from numerous people that the Biocube lights are SPS capable to an extent (not acros but easy SPS). Considering getting some easy SPS but I’m not sure if they would make it under the lights
I do have different lights (AI Hydra 26 HD), however, the encrusting montis will do ok with the stock lights. I had this one under them and it was growing, albeit more slowly than it does now. So, mystic sunset would work at the top with stock lights

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have different lights (AI Hydra 26 HD), however, the encrusting montis will do ok with the stock lights. I had this one under them and it was growing, albeit more slowly than it does now. So, mystic sunset would work at the top with stock lights
Is there any major difference in coloration shown by your corals between the stock lights and the AI?

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back