Post your favorite nano fish!

Chuja's reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me it's the sharknose goby. I love their coloration and personality, mine tends to hangout in the mushroom garden.

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For my pico, I love the little neon gobies and masked gobies. The neons are always out and funny to watch. Cool spash of color. Also need a nice shimp goby and shrimp if you have sand. They are such fun.
In anything larger than a 20g, more options of size of fish. I do like clown gobies. I also love my azure and talbot damsels. Although in smaller tanks, not good with too many together.

cyclone21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta love a firefish

Attachments

• 20200901_201855.jpg
    20200901_201855.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 40

CavalierReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Swissguard basslet~ Small and colorful with a great personality. Eats like a shark.
I hope so too. These guys are so much fun to watch. I also have a pair of scarlet shrimp in this tank and when one attempts to "clean" the goby, the pistol shrimp runs it off. I guess he's jealous or possessive.

Ayden0314

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was initially very worried about that, but it’s never eaten any coral in the tank, and it’s a mixed tank with a couple clams. It gets a little aggressive at times but just short stints the other fish ignore. Had it over 3yrs now, no problems.
thanks man! I am only hearing good thing about this fish and definitely want to try it.

Woodchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 90 gal and everything is pretty small with the exception of a Copperband and it's only reached about 4" after 2 years. I adopted this tank from a friend and when he was helping me move it to my place he said " the first thing you're gonna want is to get something big". For me not so much. I prefer more smaller fish then a few large ones. I like the diverse activity of smaller fish darting in and out of my rock work. Seems more like a real reef to me. Just my preference.
Pair of Perc clowns.
Flame Hawk.
Purple Firefish
Couple of different Cardinals
Green Mandarin
Midas Blenny
Dwarf Zebra Lion fish
How do you like the Midas blenny I think I am getting one and want to know?

Fish man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like the Midas blenny I think I am getting one and want to know?
It's a great fish. They like to perch in holes with just they're head sticking out but come out regularly to swim around. I've heard them called an eel fish because of the way they swim. It's a model citizen, never bothers any fish or coral. I've had it several years, it's probably about 6" long.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back