Post your mid water change pictures!

Ori

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water change! And my essentials :) can’t do a water change without my trusty turkey baster and toothbrush.

C6CBAEA8-60BE-4ECB-9970-7358CC508B04.jpeg
0654F9CE-37B5-4E28-AD8E-2DD5CD5AB611.jpeg

OP
OP
Waters

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
12 hrs
This concludes today's av experience detailing the death of old tank syndrome in hd.

:)

It's exactly like human body building but for coral, work, not rest in the fringing zone

anywhere you demand coral mass to occur.. blast feed and rip change is nano reef secret sauce. It's not in the hands off, but the hands on.

Wow, what a difference....you couldn't even tell it was a tank before you started lol.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another thing I was going for in the video is that trick where someone gains a lot of weight then details the re loss phase... but instead of human exercise it was a reef allowed to invade with cyano. It's clear I scraped out a full on cyano invasion from the system... I didn't jack with params. Now we're good for months, cuz cyano likes detritus and it's gone for a while

OP
OP
Waters

Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another thing I was going for in the video is that trick where someone gains a lot of weight then details the re loss phase... but instead of human exercise it was a reef allowed to invade with cyano. It's clear I scraped out a full on cyano invasion from the system... I didn't jack with params. Now we're good for months, cuz cyano likes detritus and it's gone for a while
It is like a once a year total reset....kind of like having a new tank all the time :)

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sure is. Vs using gfo to offset an always compounding waste loading in the sand and in the rocks, the yearly storms just clear it out. The action imparts an unending biological lifespan, it flushes out heterotrophic bacteria that compete with filtration bacteria, and it keeps the sandbed from being a massive giant oxygen sink for rare power outage times to not have a sandbed loaded with waste, and bac. There is no need for dosing supporting bac, sludge digesting bac, or any store purchases. It’s the ultimate irony...that which is deemed harsh (flushing full water change, the stall in refill is only for theatrics heh) is actually the best for the reef as it’s both a massive feeding and evacuation event. The polyps extend better in 24 hrs than they do all year, they’re starving hungry after these cleanings and eat roe eggs big time thereafter, and for a couple mos I don’t even have to clean the glass.

There is no reason for any reef on this planet under fifty gallons to entertain any sort of extended invasion, unless they want it subconsciously. The end to nano invasions is shown above. One brute container of ready water / rip clean the offender/ refill with new water = invasions are for large tankers only who can’t access. The fact your large tank waters is algae free wo rip cleaning means you’ve really got the art and balance down for water tuning, rare skill. I’m just a cheatin it clean.

The cause of extended cyano and dino invasions in nano reefing is simple unwillingness to clean thoroughly (out of fear of systemic upset)

The cure is mighty simple.

Last edited:

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my mid water water change. First I go to the nearest ocean and collect water. :rolleyes:

Then I may remove the chopped pieces of seaweed, sand, jellyfish, hypodermic needles and Speedo's, heat it and dump it in my tank.

OP
OP
Waters

Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my mid water water change. First I go to the nearest ocean and collect water. :rolleyes:

Then I may remove the chopped pieces of seaweed, sand, jellyfish, hypodermic needles and Speedo's, heat it and dump it in my tank.

Wait.............so you leave in the cigarettes, water bottle caps, and pepsi cans?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back