Potential Velvet Outbreak

  • Thread starter Thread starter macksy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

macksy

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 6, 2024
Messages
33
Reaction score
10
Location
NJ
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently just lost two clowns to what I suspected was velvet. They died about 24 hours apart and a few days prior had an almost dusty look to them. I do not have a QT as I am new to the hobby and my DT is 15g and don’t have anymore room in my apartment. The only other fish I have in the tank is a Yellow watchman goby. He is not showing any signs or symptoms of velvet but I am seeing I need to fallow the tank. Is there any chance this one wasn’t velvet and two if it is getting rid of it without removing the goby?
 
Clowns most likely had brook not velvet. It is common with wild caught Clowns. Remaining fish need 30 day QT with formulin and tank needs to fallow 45 to 76 days.

This is only a speculation based on Clowns commonly getting brook which is known as clownfish disease.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new