powder blue tang tips

Aide

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tomorrow I am headed to pick up a powder blue tang that I had quarantined and treated by my lfs. Wondering if anyone had any tips and tricks to keeping these guys alive and eating, without disease.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Tomorrow I am headed to pick up a powder blue tang that I had quarantined and treated by my lfs. Wondering if anyone had any tips and tricks to keeping these guys alive and eating, without disease.
They are susceptible o ich as is the achilles tang. Acclimation will be important Quarantine would be ideal. As I did with mine, I introduced it right to the display tank and added Ruby Rally Pro which is reef safe and have had no issues. Diet is also very important. Feed:

-Spirulina brine shrimp
- LRS Herbivore diet
- mysis shrimp
- small plankton
- Nori seaweed basted with garlic extract
- Hikari Marine cuisine
- Formula 2 flake and frozen
- Hikari veggie marine

Add selcon vitamins to the foods 2-3X per week and on alternating days, garlic extract for stamina and immunity health

OP
OP
Aide

Aide

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great thanks for the response is ruby rally pro kinda like polyp lab reef medic. wondering because thats what ive had sucess with.

DrMMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can quarantine, I would. I bought two powder blues in May. I gave one away and kept the other and quarantined it. Mine is doing great and the other one mysteriously disappeared in the other guys tank. They're very sensitive fish.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 41.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 35.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back