powder blue tang tips

  • Thread starter Thread starter Aide
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Aide

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 6, 2020
Messages
52
Reaction score
9
What state or country do you live in
Kansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tomorrow I am headed to pick up a powder blue tang that I had quarantined and treated by my lfs. Wondering if anyone had any tips and tricks to keeping these guys alive and eating, without disease.
 
Tomorrow I am headed to pick up a powder blue tang that I had quarantined and treated by my lfs. Wondering if anyone had any tips and tricks to keeping these guys alive and eating, without disease.
They are susceptible o ich as is the achilles tang. Acclimation will be important Quarantine would be ideal. As I did with mine, I introduced it right to the display tank and added Ruby Rally Pro which is reef safe and have had no issues. Diet is also very important. Feed:

-Spirulina brine shrimp
- LRS Herbivore diet
- mysis shrimp
- small plankton
- Nori seaweed basted with garlic extract
- Hikari Marine cuisine
- Formula 2 flake and frozen
- Hikari veggie marine

Add selcon vitamins to the foods 2-3X per week and on alternating days, garlic extract for stamina and immunity health
 
great thanks for the response is ruby rally pro kinda like polyp lab reef medic. wondering because thats what ive had sucess with.
 
If you can quarantine, I would. I bought two powder blues in May. I gave one away and kept the other and quarantined it. Mine is doing great and the other one mysteriously disappeared in the other guys tank. They're very sensitive fish.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new