Powder brown only eating nori

Aquavaj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had it for over 3 weeks now. It'll take green nori rubberband to a rock and graze the glass but nothing else. I mix 5 or 6 different types of frozen into a cocktail and it won't touch any of it. Won't touch flakes or pellets either. Heard people had success with Masstick so I ordered some. Nope.

While better than it not eating at all I do want it to have a wider variety in it's diet. It has gotten a little skinnier but not anywhere near the point of being concerned yet.

TastesLikeChicken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that’s it’s main diet so I don’t think you need to worry. May also want to try Rod’s food or LRS.

OP
OP
A

Aquavaj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was starting to look pretty beat up from flashing and rubbing on rocks so it's been in QT for 3 days now with General Cure. It's looking a lot better and the good news is it's actually eating the frozen foods now. I don't know if it's because it's now alone and doesn't feel stressed from the other fish or if the treatment is bringing back it's appetite. Or maybe it's both.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that’s it’s main diet so I don’t think you need to worry. May also want to try Rod’s food or LRS.
The powder brown’s main diet is algae heavy but it mainly eats Filamentosus Micro and some smaller fleshy Macroalgaes.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 41.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 22.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 34.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back