Powder brown only eating nori

  • Thread starter Thread starter Aquavaj
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Aquavaj

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 16, 2018
Messages
762
Reaction score
431
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had it for over 3 weeks now. It'll take green nori rubberband to a rock and graze the glass but nothing else. I mix 5 or 6 different types of frozen into a cocktail and it won't touch any of it. Won't touch flakes or pellets either. Heard people had success with Masstick so I ordered some. Nope.

While better than it not eating at all I do want it to have a wider variety in it's diet. It has gotten a little skinnier but not anywhere near the point of being concerned yet.
 
I think that’s it’s main diet so I don’t think you need to worry. May also want to try Rod’s food or LRS.
 
It was starting to look pretty beat up from flashing and rubbing on rocks so it's been in QT for 3 days now with General Cure. It's looking a lot better and the good news is it's actually eating the frozen foods now. I don't know if it's because it's now alone and doesn't feel stressed from the other fish or if the treatment is bringing back it's appetite. Or maybe it's both.
 
I think that’s it’s main diet so I don’t think you need to worry. May also want to try Rod’s food or LRS.
The powder brown’s main diet is algae heavy but it mainly eats Filamentosus Micro and some smaller fleshy Macroalgaes.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 10.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new