Powder Brown Twitching

jackalexander

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 26, 2020
Messages
378
Reaction score
173
Location
Ventura
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got a powder brown tang for my secondary tank at around 1, temp. acclimated him for about 15 minutes and acclimated him for an hour. Once I put him in he was doing fantastic, swimming around and picking algae off of the rocks and exploring every nook and cranny of the tank. I left the lights off for a couple hours but when I turned them on, he started twitching and not moving very much so I quickly turned them on and waited another 2 hours. I turned them on again but used my blues to slowly raise the intensity incase the whites were too shocking. Once I raised my blues intensity, he started twitching again. Any suggestions on what to do?
 
Leave the lights low for 72 from introduction
 
Just leave the lights out and try again when they normally come on.
It’s very new to the environment.
Yeah decided to wait until the morning lights come on, hopefully that works. Thank you!
 
Just got him used to the sunrise/sunset LED’s & my blues, no twitching. seems to be the daylight lights which I can’t change the intensity. Tried to wait a full 24 hours on the white LED’s but no luck, still twitching. should I just wait longer?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new