Power generator ?

ariellemermaid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also want to add (I don't remember if I put it in this thread) that it is REALLY important to test your solution BEFORE you have to use it.

Turn the house off at the breaker, and run your solution. Get your generator out. Start it, plug it in etc ...

During the great freeze in TX I almost killed my tank because I was an idiot and couldn't get my genny up quickly. You can see my stupid in my build thread.

If you can just turn the breaker back on then you can fix whatever holes you missed. It becomes even more difficult to troubleshoot in the middle of the event.

Food for thought.
Good advice, but I would add to test monthly (run for 30 minutes-1hr as most recommend). I had to tear apart my motorcycle too many times to clean the gunked up carbs to not do this.

Before I got my generator I saw a tank crash thread from someone in TX from the same disaster. He had a generator but couldn’t find gas to keep it going. That was part of why I went with a small gas sipper that’ll get the job done.

The way I figure it between my lawn gas and vehicles I’m ready for a month-long power outage!

Tiki_Reef

My daily driver is a nano.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in Florida when I built my current house I had a Guardian system installed not just because I was planning on keeping a reef tank but also for the fact that I like air conditioning and hurricane season can be pain.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.8%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 74 43.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back