Power head question?

  • Thread starter Thread starter cginter
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cginter

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 22, 2013
Messages
802
Reaction score
173
Location
iowa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those of you that have a reef set up, do u turn off your power heads at night or are they always on?
 
Alway on, but ph such as vortechs have a night mode. Cuts the speed down but I don't recall by how much. Although I don't use that feature.
 
Always on. I don't use night modes, but I do use a tidal cycle to ramp the pump speed up/down. Night has nothing to do with it though.
 
Currently Koralias always on. About to switch to WP's, but intend on removing light sensor.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new