Power head/wavemaker advice for 32G nano?

VG30DE-TT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to add a wave maker solution to my new 32G BioCube, my old tannk was having a catastrophic failure so I was forced to to Fire up a new tank to save a hand full of fish and some inverts.

On the new tank I went a little overboard and did a APEXel, PowerBar, Dos (auto water-change) and a Trident for auto (DKH/CA/MG) testing.

The APEX compatible options for a power head are MASSIVE, WAY too big and a ton of $$$ ( I know !! but a 4000gph power head is a massive eye sore)

I have some left over hardware from the last 2 years, like a complete Current IC system with 2 power heads, which I think is a ton of unessissairy wires and a clumsy interface and a Siccie Wavesurfer (that I loved) but the two power heads I have here are also GIGANTIC I don't remember if they are Voyager2 or 3's but they are the larger version of the two.

So I was thinking about grabing a pair of the Siccie Voyager Nano's and blowing the dust off my old Wavesurfer.

I did have my eye on the VorTech mp10..... but they are out of stock everywhere, and quite pricey to be a standalone option

If there was something scalable down into a 29ish gallon display that would mesh well with the Neptune APEX I'd be all over it.

thanks for any tips,

1614290971971.png

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw that on the BRS site, and was going to do some research on it, Tight little package
I normally only use vortechs just out of personal preference but it wasn’t an option this time around. I feel the Nero 3 is the best alternative and the app is very user friendly

SCK1027

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I own a Sicce Voyager Nano in my tank. It's well-built and never had problems with it. Long cords too.
The Tunze 6020 or controllable Jebao that I have sometimes spin the opposite direction, but this one never has.

It is an ac powerhead, so it has constant flow. If you want more control with different modes, then dc powerheads, like the Nero 3 mentioned above or MP10 will be the best. Or you can just use the Wavesurfer.

I think my next powerhead will be Nero 3 though. I like control and different wave variables.

OP
OP
VG30DE-TT

VG30DE-TT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys the Nero3 looks like a good choice, do either of you know if it keeps settings, or the mode it's currently in, if it looses power? I'll be plugging it into the APEX for ON/OFF function, for feeding or maintenance. If you unplug it for 5 or 10 or 15min will it come right back on where it was when the power comes back on?

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys the Nero3 looks like a good choice, do either of you know if it keeps settings, or the mode it's currently in, if it looses power? I'll be plugging it into the APEX for ON/OFF function, for feeding or maintenance. If you unplug it for 5 or 10 or 15min will it come right back on where it was when the power comes back on?
It should. The settings are saved on an app

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 22.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back