Power just went out!!!! Help!!

ReefinStein

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The power just went out in my city, I have a 29 gallon with 2 clowns 2 chromis, a goby some snails a cleaner shrimp some zoas and an anemone, the power company’s website says it’s gonna be back on in about 3 hours, but it’s 2am here so I can’t go rent a generator or get a battery backup right now, temp shouldn’t be an issue it’s still pretty warm in the house but I’m worried about flow and the tank being aerated, I read elsewhere that I should pour tank water back in the tank from up high. Any help would be appreciated.

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
3 hours it’s to bad unless you have to work in this morning. But in the meantime I would just stir the water with a paint stick or a clean handle to help with gas exchange. Should be sufficient enough for that long.

Daniel92481

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your troubles. If no pumps are circulating, you can remove a cup of water and pour it back in, just regular, doesn’t have to be high. Do this a few times every 30 min or so, along with stirring the water with a net, or something to create movement. You should be fine.

JimG1966

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a gallon jug, make sure its clean and about every 15 minutes dip a jug full out and pour it back in high enough that it will get some oxygen in it while pouring it back in...

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back