Power me up!

Mus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please can I have recommendations for battery backup. My current battery back ups only lasted a year (photo contained )

If possible enough juice to run 2 (failing that 1) 55w Jebao CP-55 wave makers for several hours. I only have very limited space in my sump or I can run an extension cable for a large computer UPS. Many thanks

DAFD69A1-1854-464B-B18D-2FFF2A62708E.jpeg 5B8602FC-E420-4AA3-9074-6A451A168B67.jpeg

OP
OP
M

Mus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you can use any UPS - I'm just not sure how it would fare vs. your current setup (I use the same battery backup for my pair of Maxspect XF330s).
Hi I am actually looking for model recommendations and I am aware UPS can be used for any appliances as they even come with plug sockets and say in the description. However what I can’t do is say model abc would run two 55 watt devices for 5 hours or 20 minutes. Hope that helps and many thanks.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'd need to first figure out the power draw for the devices you want on battery backup, then visit the website of the manufacturer and plug that value into various devicea, ie: www.apc.com. That will give you a potential runtime.

OP
OP
M

Mus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'd need to first figure out the power draw for the devices you want on battery backup, then visit the website of the manufacturer and plug that value into various devicea, ie: www.apc.com. That will give you a potential runtime.
Thank you I did see that page a few years ago but didn’t know what wattage my devices were at the time. There devices go into the thousands for what I need when I paid perhaps a £100 per battery back up but can’t re buy the same when they don’t last a year and Fish Street won’t even respond to my emails.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you I did see that page a few years ago but didn’t know what wattage my devices were at the time. There devices go into the thousands for what I need when I paid perhaps a £100 per battery back up but can’t re buy the same when they don’t last a year and Fish Street won’t even respond to my emails.
Most batteries in an APC will only last a few years as well and then need to be replaced (unless it's something like a lithium-ion).

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back