Power outage notifications?

JDJP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have all my return pumps on a battery backup but...

I was wondering if anyone uses something that sends them notification of a power outage?

Im assuming an apex can do it, but if the power goes out theres no wifi. How does that work?

Anyone have suggestions?

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any controller is going to require the router to be on a ups to send out a message. I have an APEX and I have it on a power supply with it and my router on a small ups so I'll know when there is a power outage. Otherwise I won't know until after the fact and that's a day late and dollar short:eek:

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any controller is going to require the router to be on a ups to send out a message. I have an APEX and I have it on a power supply with it and my router on a small ups so I'll know when there is a power outage. Otherwise I won't know until after the fact and that's a day late and dollar short:eek:
Isn't there a way with a cell phone or iPod as well??

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lies u know all
So back to the ups how big is it? Where u have it hidden?
It's a 500 watt and I have it under a cabinet that's near my tank. I run one EB8, my router and cable box through it. Got it on sale and Office Depot for something like $60.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a 500 watt and I have it under a cabinet that's near my tank. I run one EB8, my router and cable box through it. Got it on sale and Office Depot for something like $60.
O that's not bad at all might have to look into that

puffy127

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Can you describe how you programmed the apex to know when the power cuts out and goes to the ups?

LParker480

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our local utility company has an app that you can get that will tell you when you've lost power and when its estimated to be restored.

TheKyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Old thread, but Pingdom is a free app/website that can notify you when you lose internet. Essentially you can set up intervals to ping your router/modem. In the event you’re power goes out you will lose internet and will receive a notification on your smart phone instantly.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 101 75.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back