Power outage what to do?

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 6 hoirs power outage monday. And i start my new job monday. I only have the ecotech battery backup. My basement is not heated. Not sure what to do? Would the wave maker on the backup battery enough? Its a 200G 150G display 50G sump. Any advice?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Second the advice of getting a portable generator.

Battery back ups are fine. Being able to power your home and tank is better. I view my generator as necessary as the temp controller for my heaters.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats the ambient in the basement? 6 hours isnt too bad. Try to keep the basement as warm as possible.

Could also get a generator to run outside hooked up to a heater and pumps
I cant run gas my basement have no heat it gets to 66F. If i get a 2000w generator. Can i run my 1000w heater on it? And return pump m2 or would it get consumed fast?

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Second the advice of getting a portable generator.

Battery back ups are fine. Being able to power your home and tank is better.
I cant run gas my basement have no heat it gets to 66F. If i get a 2000w generator. Can i run my 1000w heater on it? And return pump m2 or would it get consumed fast?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Generator has to be ran outside. Have a garage with a 220v outlet? I think my generator is an 8500w. Powers everything that I need it to. Fridge, tank and A/C without an issue

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats the ambient in the basement? 6 hours isnt too bad. Try to keep the basement as warm as possible.

Could also get a generator to run outside hooked up to a heater and pumps
I ran my full tank except lights 2 hours per gallon . Generator has 4 gallon tank so good for 8 hrs

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made one post. But idk whats happening here when i press post its literally double posting
You can always "report" the duplicate and ask the mods to remove it... Or edit the content and post "duplicate"
:)

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Done that. So i order from amazon big sleeping bag?
You can use a blanket or other insulation materials if you have something on hand.

Maybe try it out tomorrow - insulate the tank with what you have and turn off the heater and lights. Monitor the temperature and see what you're working with.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use a blanket or other insulation materials if you have something on hand.

Maybe try it out tomorrow - insulate the tank with what you have and turn off the heater and lights. Monitor the temperature and see what you're working with.
Emergency Blankets for Survival Blanket x4, Mylar Blankets, Space Blanket Thermal Blanket Emergency Supplies Car Emergency Thermal Blankets Survival for Bug Out Gear Camping Foil Blanket Solar Blanket https://a.co/d/g4r4GdB

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
J
Emergency Blankets for Survival Blanket x4, Mylar Blankets, Space Blanket Thermal Blanket Emergency Supplies Car Emergency Thermal Blankets Survival for Bug Out Gear Camping Foil Blanket Solar Blanket https://a.co/d/g4r4GdB
Just do a test run tomorrow. If it seems like insulation won't cut it, then look into a generator (buy or borrow)

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Home Depot has wrap insulation or panels. Might be easier to manage
These are good options too... I was thinking he could use what was on hand first, for a trial, and then buy stuff if that doesn't work.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.7%
Back