Power outage

CAMAKAZY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost power last night for about 10 hours. Just a reminder have back ups ready. Dont do like i did an try finding batteries at 10 pm. Suppose to be more storms heading this way. Be prepared.

JOKER

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man that sucks!! Not a good thing for a reef tank! I have a battery backup that will last for about 3 hours for return, and powerhead. After that I really don't know what. I really need to evaluate my situation, and figure something else out! Generator or something.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm prepared...a Generac 22 kW whole-house generator fueled by natural gas, with an automatic transfer switch. Power cuts over to generator automatically during an outage even if I'm not home, and sends me a text alert for notification. I also have my Apex on a small UPS to handle the brief blip in power before the generator kicks on. It's usually within 20-30 seconds.

IMG_4317.jpg

OP
OP
CAMAKAZY

CAMAKAZY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea all coral, invert, an fish are looking good. Just scary. All i had was a battery powered air stone made for a minnow bucket.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back