Power Supply Replacement

Jdubyo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning!

I need to replace the power supply for my Tunze Osmolator. As I am looking around I am having trouble finding an 11 volt power supply. It seems like there are tons of 9s and 12s but no 11... now I know nothing about volts and amps and mA etc... but would a 12v power supply be asking for a fire? Is anyone able to point me in the direction of an acceptable replacement?

0ECA603C-1A91-4EE2-8EFF-FF45DA08B616.jpeg

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I'm seeing is the one for the tunze nano osmolator. Have you checked with tunze? I'm sure they'll charge quite a bit but do what you have to do!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Found an Ai replacement on Amazon easily when I needed one. Also check Ebay

OP
OP
Jdubyo

Jdubyo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I'm seeing is the one for the tunze nano osmolator. Have you checked with tunze? I'm sure they'll charge quite a bit but do what you have to do!

I haven’t checked with Tunze yet for this reason. I will if I need to. I checked the website but it doesn’t appear they have these available as replacement parts. It seems like all of the newer models have been updated to a 12v power supply so that is what they have.

Found an Ai replacement on Amazon easily when I needed one. Also check Ebay

Do you mind me asking how you knew you had the right one? I am not sure if it needs to be exactly what it says or if I could do slightly under powered?

The output says 7-11 volts so if I went with a 9v power supply would that suffice? Or is that saying the range in which the 11v DC power supply would run is between 7 and 11 volts.

Hopefully I am not coming off as too much of a dummy here... I barely know what I am saying ;Dead

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I haven’t checked with Tunze yet for this reason. I will if I need to. I checked the website but it doesn’t appear they have these available as replacement parts. It seems like all of the newer models have been updated to a 12v power supply so that is what they have.

Do you mind me asking how you knew you had the right one? I am not sure if it needs to be exactly what it says or if I could do slightly under powered?

The output says 7-11 volts so if I went with a 9v power supply would that suffice? Or is that saying the range in which the 11v DC power supply would run is between 7 and 11 volts.

Hopefully I am not coming off as too much of a dummy here... I barely know what I am saying ;Dead
I matched it with an adapter they had.

[/URL]

OP
OP
Jdubyo

Jdubyo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I do appreciate this but none of these are what I need. The old power supply was just a plug.... no big electronic box with knobs and adjustable settings. The other ones listed were 12v rather than 11.

I do not know if 1 volt will make a big difference but I know I don’t want to buy a whole new unit or burn my house down ;Nailbiting

OP
OP
Jdubyo

Jdubyo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like I must be missing something. I have searched for hours at this point and it does not seem like 11V is a common adapter type... I’m so confused

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 34 45.9%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 16 21.6%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.1%
Back