Powerbar 6e pab surge suppression?

  • Thread starter Thread starter AZMSGT
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
May 6, 2019
Messages
3,986
Reaction score
6,862
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are folks doing about protecting their Powerbars and GHL systems?

I was thinking having high amp items plugged into my 6e just on a standard surge outlet. But my more sensitive items such as Profilux 4, dosers, and KH director. Plugged into a Battery back up/surge suppressor.

Thoughts?
 
I thought I had read a surge protector wasn't needed with the 6e, but understanding electricity is not one of strengths.
"Extremely robust high-inrush current (HIC) industrial relays: Each relay is designed for a continuous current of 16A and a short-term peak current of 160A"
 
I thought I had read a surge protector wasn't needed with the 6e, but understanding electricity is not one of strengths.
"Extremely robust high-inrush current (HIC) industrial relays: Each relay is designed for a continuous current of 16A and a short-term peak current of 160A"
I have no idea, thats why I am asking :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 23.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new