Powerbar turned off by itself?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Oiva

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys

Anyone with Powerbars that have turned it self off? All lights were on, but no power to the sockets. So my return pump, skimmer and other stuff was off.

This made me a bit worried now, i catched it pretty quick as i was home. But now i am afraid to leave with it controlling stuff.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys

Anyone with Powerbars that have turned it self off? All lights were on, but no power to the sockets. So my return pump, skimmer and other stuff was off.

This made me a bit worried now, i catched it pretty quick as i was home. But now i am afraid to leave with it controlling stuff.
I have power bars that turn off when there’s an electrical overload.
Usually are GFIC type or voltage spike safety.

OP
OP
Oiva

Oiva

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have power bars that turn off when there’s an electrical overload.
Usually are GFIC type or voltage spike safety.
so you have to flip the switch off/on the side to turn it back on?

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which type of powerbar is it? there is four types of powerbars from ghl - 6D, 6D-PAB, 5.1 - PAB and the new one 6E-PAB

Do you remember the amperage on each socket. Was all sockets without power? Whats is the total load on the powerbar? in watts. Do you have any heater of more than 1000 watt at the powerbar. Do the outlets work now?

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Oiva

Oiva

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which type of powerbar is it? there is four types of powerbars from ghl - 6D, 6D-PAB, 5.1 - PAB and the new one 6E-PAB

Do you remember the amperage on each socket. Was all sockets without power? Whats is the total load on the powerbar? in watts. Do you have any heater of more than 1000 watt at the powerbar. Do the outlets work now?

Sincerely Lasse
Its the new, 6E-PAB

I don't remember the amperage. But yes all the sockets were without power. The unit it self was "with power" all the LED indicators were glowing.

In total watts
1x Eheim 300W heater
1x Sicce Syncra 7.0 65W
1x Nero 5 30W
1x Tunze Eco Refugium light 9W
1x RE Mini 180 Skimmer 30W
1x Tunze Osmolator

So 434W in total + a fan (not sure how much W)

Sicce is running at 80%, Nero at 80% Max, Refugium high is ON/OFF 12h cycle. Skimmer is at 100%. The Heater is off for the most part. and the fan has not been on for the last month.

After I flipped on the powerbar the switch on/off its working. But I got no alarm, no error or anything in the app. What worries me, is if I go away (I do travel from time to time) and the tank will be alone for 4-10 days.

My other powerbar stopped working, and will be sent in for repairs. But to be honest I am really afraid of letting this control or even manage my tank now.

OP
OP
Oiva

Oiva

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should try to find out what made it turn off in the first place. Maybe you have too many devices on it.

That's what I don't get. I have had the same configuration for the last 12 months with zero issues. And before that almost the same configuration for 1-2 years.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of my experiences is with power bars older than 6E - and I have never been out for this. There is some 6E at works - never seen this problem. If you want to do a check when your away - just check the amperage

1663832197954.png

Have you had any power spikes on your grid? Thunder and lighting?

Sincerely Lasse

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I don't get. I have had the same configuration for the last 12 months with zero issues. And before that almost the same configuration for 1-2 years.
Did you add other electric devices on the same circuit (not necessarily this power bar). Is this circuit or electric panel too full ?

I’m not an electrician, just going with what I’ve experienced. I’ve had to add electric outlets and dedicated circuits for my tank.

OP
OP
Oiva

Oiva

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of my experiences is with power bars older than 6E - and I have never been out for this. There is some 6E at works - never seen this problem. If you want to do a check when your away - just check the amperage

1663832197954.png

Have you had any power spikes on your grid? Thunder and lighting?

Sincerely Lasse

Max right now is the return pump at 0.40, skimmer 0.15. Rest is off right now, but will check later.

No I don't think so, no lighting or anything.

OP
OP
Oiva

Oiva

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you add other electric devices on the same circuit (not necessarily this power bar). Is this circuit or electric panel too full ?

I’m not an electrician, just going with what I’ve experienced. I’ve had to add electric outlets and dedicated circuits for my tank.
Tank is running on its own circuit with no other devices (except reef stuff) on it.

We have renovated the house, and when we did, I had electricians in to do stuff. I explained to them what and how much was going were since I also have a coral farm downstairs. Display tank with the powerbar and farm are on two different circuits.

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is running on its own circuit with no other devices (except reef stuff) on it.

We have renovated the house, and when we did, I had electricians in to do stuff. I explained to them what and how much was going were since I also have a coral farm downstairs. Display tank with the powerbar and farm are on two different circuits.
It seems like you’ve done everything right. Another great mystery…

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 117 76.5%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 12 7.8%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 22 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back