Powerbars connection

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Coone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 STDL4-4 & 1 powerbar 5.1

The 5.1 is connected thru PAB, 1 of the 4-4 is connected thru s1/s2 (s3/s7 is used for my 3 dosing pumps).
Now how do I connect the second 4-4?

Can I connect it thru the dosing pump, can i use a splitter on the S1/S2, do I need to buy the expansion socket or can I connect it with my expansion box 2?

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is S1-S4 used for 4-4 and S5-S8 put in digital mode in order to run the dosing pumps? Expansion boxes do not contain any S ports, only L ports. I´m affraid that you have to purchase 1 pcs of PLM-2L4S in order to manage your second 4-4. Probably you can put that in a Expansion Box if you want

I´m not sure on this! @Marco@GHLUSA can you help Coone here

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
C

Coone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is S1-S4 used for 4-4 and S5-S8 put in digital mode in order to run the dosing pumps? Expansion boxes do not contain any S ports, only L ports. I´m affraid that you have to purchase 1 pcs of PLM-2L4S in order to manage your second 4-4. Probably you can put that in a Expansion Box if you want

I´m not sure on this! @Marco@GHLUSA can you help Coone here

Sincerely Lasse

Yes exactly s1-s4 for the 4-4 and S5-s8 for the 3 dosing pumps
Ok, thanks for the info

OP
OP
C

Coone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, got the 3 powerbars working :):cool: Thanks
5.1 @ PAB, first 4-4 to port s5-s8 and second 4-4 on an extra s-port

Now I'm trying to work out the configuration of the dosing pumps.
They are connected to each other and then the last one to the S1-S4 port.
Now if I let the s1 run, all the first pumps of the 3 pumps start working. Can I assign other numbers to the other pumps or do I need to connect them all to a different s-port?

OP
OP
C

Coone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stil not there. All dosing pumps are one s1-s4, first 4-4 is on s5-s8, second 4-4 is on s9-s12 & 5.1 is on s13-17

I'll try to figure out how to controle the dosing pumps seperatly. The problem now is I can't get the s6 port in working position. It just does nothing. When I switch the 2 4-4's it's the same result. So nothing is wrong with the powerbar

Of I activitate the s1-s4 or s5-8 on digital, everything starts doing weird thing, so that doesn't work

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I understand all thing right – you have 3 dosers 1 (the old type GHL dosers) with 4 pumps each? I do not know how you have connected them but I should have try this way.

1) Take away all connections to the S ports - all

2) Connect the first 4-4 to S1-4 Deactivate digital communication

3) Test each numbering with help of checking the manual option at switch channels and outlets it should be socket 1-4

4) Connect the second 4-4 to S5-8 Deactivate digital communication

5) Test each numbering with help of checking the manual option at switch channels and outlets It should be socket 5-8

6) Disconnect all devices from S ports

7) Activate digital communication for S9-12.

8) Connect the first dosing pump to the S9-12. Now I´m not really sure. You have to test the numberings. First try – numbering it 9-12. Connect the 2 pcs of 4-4 to S1-4 and S5-8 and test again.

9) Does this not work – disconnect all 4-4 test to numbering the first dosing pump device to 25 – 28. Connect all 4-4 again and test again.

10) Does this not work either – disconnect all 4-4 test to numbering the first dosing pump device to 49 – 52. Connect all 4-4 again and test again.

11) When you have the 2 powerbars and the first dosing pump unit to work – disconnect everything from the S ports again

12) Connect the second dosing pump to the S9-12 numbering it with start at the number direct after the last figure at dosing pump unit 1. Connect the 4-4 to their ports – daisy chain Dosing pump unit 1 and 2. Test.

13) If it not works – disconnect all items – connect dosing unit 2 and renumber it to start 3 units above the last pump at unit 1. (if the last number was 12 – start at 15.

14) If it not works either – repeat 8 to 13. The numbering that i´m more convinst will work is to start the numbering of the dosing pumps with 49

15) Disconnect all again

16) Connect the third dosing pump to the S9-12 numbering it to as you found out from doser unit 2 but 1 or 3 units over the last pump in doser unit 2.

17) Connect everything again (the doser units in a daisy chain)

18) Test each numbering with help of checking the manual option at switch channels and outlets

19) Connect the 5.1 through PAB connection and assign it through GCC system-> assign device

Expand PAB in the middle (System and after restart GCC) and mark the powerbar. Go to configure at the right and number it with the first series of 5 sockets that is empty

I´m sure that there is other ways and I´m not sure it will works– but this is the way I would have start to test

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can´t assign the S9-12 ports to digital Communication - try to connect the first 4-4 to s1-4 and the second to 9-12. Check which socket numbers they got. If the got 1-4 and 9-12 you should try to assign S5-8 to digital Communication. If you do that - you need to use socket 25 - 48 for the dosing pumps. If you use an old expansion box - there is also a limitation which cards you can set at the different slots. Please see the manual for this. I think you need to use slot 1-3 - but i´m not sure my memmorys is good but short :)

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
C

Coone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I understand all thing right – you have 3 dosers 1 (the old type GHL dosers) with 4 pumps each? I do not know how you have connected them but I should have try this way.

I´m sure that there is other ways and I´m not sure it will works– but this is the way I would have start to test

Sincerely Lasse

Thanks!!!
goint to try this tonight

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 16.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 52 44.8%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 39 33.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back