Powerhead for redsea max e260?

OpenOcean33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a red sea max e 260 all in one tank. I never payed much attention to flow and find the power heads that came stock on the tank leave some dead spot with my scape. I want to add more flow and was wondering for my tank if you would recommend an one MP40 or maxspect gyre 330.

dmy535

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a red sea max e 260 all in one tank. I never payed much attention to flow and find the power heads that came stock on the tank leave some dead spot with my scape. I want to add more flow and was wondering for my tank if you would recommend an one MP40 or maxspect gyre 330.
I have an mo40 and love it. I am thinking of getting an mp10 to keep lower on tank behind rock work to prevent dead spots in back of rock work. As far as gyre I’ve heard good things, but also read that they need to be maintained constantly and many people have complained about that since there’s lot is pieces. The new MP40/10 have the gyre option for flow pattern who is cool.

OP
OP
O

OpenOcean33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an mo40 and love it. I am thinking of getting an mp10 to keep lower on tank behind rock work to prevent dead spots in back of rock work. As far as gyre I’ve heard good things, but also read that they need to be maintained constantly and many people have complained about that since there’s lot is pieces. The new MP40/10 have the gyre option for flow pattern who is cool.
Ok perfect dobyou think 1 mp40 should be substantial for a 70 gallon tank. Mostly using it for keeping tank clean and not as much fir coral ... at this moment

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

AI Guy here....Nero 5

Aliu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you went with the MP40. How do you like it? I'm planning on getting the same tank and am already thinking about accessories.

OP
OP
O

OpenOcean33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you went with the MP40. How do you like it? I'm planning on getting the same tank and am already thinking about accessories.
So I like it a lot, definitely "overkill" for the size aquarium, however, down the road i plan to upgrade the size of my tank and will enjoy already having a nice powerhead that will work. I am only running the MP 40 about 30% right now and it's creating great flow. I also enjoy running it al a lower percent because i feel like I'm not pushing the machine to its max and hopefully will get a longer life out of it compared to someone running it 100% all the time.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back